Matrimonial and Family Law
Marie-Christine Aziz graduated from Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University in May 2017 with a concentration in Family Law. She was admitted to the New Jersey State Court in 2018.
While in law school, Marie-Christine was the Vice President of the Hofstra Veteran’s Law Student Association where she helped organize the Veteran’s Legal Assistance Program. Marie-Christine was also member of the founding class for the Center for Children, Families, and the Law at Hofstra University and co-wrote the training manual. Ms. Aziz was a research assistant to Professor Robin Charlow for the 2015-2016 academic year, working on various education law elements.
During the summer of 2015, Marie-Christine volunteered with Jersey Battered Women’s Service (“JBWS”) in Morristown, New Jersey, where she assisted victims of domestic violence navigate through the court system.
Upon graduating from law school, Marie-Christine served as law clerk to the Honorable Peter J. Barnes, III, J.S.C. in Middlesex County- Family Division. She worked extensively on dissolution, non-dissolution, and domestic violence dockets. Ms. Aziz mediated landlord/tenant and small claims disputes during the pendency of her clerkship, in addition to mediating a plethora of family law disputes.
- Hofstra University School of Law, Hempstead, New York
- J.D. - 2017; Family Law Concentration
- Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey
- B.A. in Political Science and Middle Eastern Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Middlesex County Bar Association, 2017 to Present
- New Jersey State Bar Association, 2017 to Present
- Aldona E. Appleton Family Law American Inns of Court, 2017 to Present
Areas of Practice
- Matrimonial and Family Law
- New Jersey, 2018
Pro Bono Activities
- Hofstra Veteran's Law Student Association, 2014 to 2017
- Jersey Battered Women's Service, 2015